UNIQUE FEATURES IN THE 'LOST WORLD'
- Hidden valley ringed by mountains - part of Mt Warning's caldera
- accessed via gravel road, scenic intro
- a micro-climate unique to Wongari's 'Lost World'
- photographers delight
- fauna and flora abound
- a bortle rating of 2 makes night sky star saturated
- two spring-fed creeks, creek frontage,
lamington falls, waterfall creek, christmas creek
- major catchment for the Logan River
- many rare / endangered flora and fauna
- great walks from chilled to challenging
- fresh air, forest smells, pristine waters
- quiet, secluded, peaceful, inviting
- always green
Thank you for two amazing nights at this beautiful place!
We have enjoyed everything from watching the many different birds to laying in bed while a wallaby jumped around outside the cabin.
We do not have nature like this in Denmark, so we feel lucky to have experienced it here. Thank you for protecting and taking care of your land.
Casper and Kirstine
19/07/19 - 21/07/19
minimal impact, therefore, sustainable
Since Wongari’s inception in 2010 the focus has been on speeding up the restoration of rainforest.
Waterfall Creek has been (almost) cleared of weeds and enabled as a wildlife corridor.
- power is generated on-site by solar and hydro-electric turbine
- waste is minimised, reused and recycled wherever possible
- foods are supplemented,from a generous garden
- are members of the community Landcare Group restoring 6 kilometers of riparian remnant rainforest
- members of Land for Wildlife
- offer two comfortable, eco-smart, self-contained cabins in beautiful, natural surrounds.